PowerPc architecture and VLE code

Hi All,

I use some FSL and ST microcontrollers with a PowerPc architecture.
Normally I use some "not free" compiler, but I would like to try using
the GNU compiler.

The only issue is that I am interested on VLE code and it seems that
GNU compiler can not obtain this code, but only BookE code.

Could you please confirm that GNU compiler for PowerPc is not able to
obtain VLE code?

Thanks a lot,
  Rosario Martorana