Re: Relocation R_ARM_THM_PC8

Ian Lance Taylor ha scritto:
"Cristian F. Panessa ( embit s.r.l. )" <cristian.panessa@embit.it>
writes:

i'm porting a proprietary software platform, usually compiled with IAR
compiler, into an open-source
project that will be compiled with gcc, then i need to link my code
object with IAR library.
The project is for an ARM7 TDMI-S v5.
I've found that the IAR library that i would link use as relocation
R_ARM_THM_PC8, that don't is implemented into
arm-elf-gcc.
Now i ask:
There is someone that have compiled the binutils with this feature
built-in, or is it possible to obtain some indications to implement this
relocation ?

I agree that the GNU binutils do not appear to implement the R_ARM_THM_PC8 relocation. That seems to be a strange omission. Fixing that would mean changing bfd/elf32-arm.c to handle R_ARM_THM_PC8 more or less as R_ARM_THM_PC12 is handled, with the obvious adjustment from 12 bits to 8.

This is not really a gcc issue, and further discussion should probably
take place on the GNU binutils mailing list, binutils@sourceware.org.
See http://sourceware.org/binutils .

Ian

Hi Mr. Taylor,

thank you kindly for your reply.
Then i'll try to investigate on R_ARM_THM_PC12 and i'll post my question
to GNU binutils mailing list.

Thank you again.

Best Regards

Cristian F. Panessa