Re: Help required to build GCC for Windows.

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 2:50 AM, divya kotekar
<divya20.kotekar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,

Hello, Divya!

> collection of files, Could you please suggest me how to start or steps
> to follow for building the same? ?(Configure and Build).
> In one of the web page it was suggested to keep the source in
> different folder, could you please elaborate on this.

The idea is that building gcc inside its source tree is not tested,
and many times there are subtle problems in doing so.

Say you unpack gcc into a directory named gcc-4.3.3, then, at the same
level, create a build directory, say 'gcc_build':

$ makedir gcc_build
$ ls -CF
gcc-4.3.3/  gcc_build/

Then cd into the build directory, configure, and make:

$ cd gcc_build
$ ../gcc-4.3.3/configure    [configure options...]

Easy!

Hope that helps.

-Tom