This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Understanding alignment in g++
- From: Yang Zhang <yanghatespam at gmail dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: GCC-help <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 04:06:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: Understanding alignment in g++
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
Yang Zhang <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
I expected a cast-align warning or something.
If you use -Wcast-align you should get a warning for targets where the
cast increases the required alignment.
Sorry for being unclear. I was trying to say that I had specified
-Wcast-align but got no such warning. Any hints?