Re: Where did the warning go?

Thank you for your quick and helpful reply, Eljay! I added the -Wconversion flag, and then the warning appeared as I wanted in all g++ versions on my system :)

So the problem seems to be that my g++-4.1 includes the -Wconversion by default, while the others don't. Is the set of default warnings known to vary between versions and platforms?

Eivind