Re: cp-demangle.c:2838: internal | compiler error: Segmentation Fault

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 9:56 PM, Tadeus <eus@member.fsf.org> wrote:

> Hi Kamaraju!
>
> --- On Tue, 1/27/09, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
>
>> One small question. The backtrace shows that the code is calling
>> qsort() function in /usr/lib/libc.so.1 . I am wondering if there is
>> any incompatibility between qsort expected by gcc and qsort on my
>> system's library? Could this be the cause of the problems?
>
> Do you think the following post titled "qsort_r argument order" relevant?
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2008-12/msg00003.html

Further debugging tells me that my qsort is working fine. Gcc (for
some reason) is choosing the wrong assembler, linker etc.,

For example, when gcc chooses the assembler, linker from /usr/ccs/bin
then the program results in internal compiler error.

If gcc chooses the assembler, linker etc., from another directory
(which contain newer versions of as, ld), then the program compiles
fine.

I discovered this accidentally. I do not know why gcc is picking up
things from /usr/ccs/bin even though it is not included in $PATH,
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH etc., Any idea on how to override the default
behavior?