Re: x86_64

John Fine wrote:
If you understand the 32-bit and you can read the AMD manuals, I don't see what else might be confusing you (actually even the above register lists were in one of the AMD manuals).

What is confusing about the use of local labels by the compiler?

There are many of these labels in the x86_64 output and none in the x86 output. I can't piece together how they're being used.

The x86_64 output also sports a .section eh_frame despite the fact that I'm not using g++, which seems to just contain some data layout description of the above labeled items.

I'm using gcc 4.3.2 if that matters.

Yang