Re: How to compile onto bare metal with GnuARM?

Eric Fowler wrote:
I wish to compile C code that will execute directly on an ARM7TDMI chip that
has no operating system. My GnuARM compiler wants to link to syscalls (a
Linux-ism) and generate ELF and COFF and all that.

How to generate a naked binary?

Take a look at http://lostarm.sf.net

It will do exactly that, and builds GCC from sources, and does many other things.

-Duane.