Re: mac os x port: error when trying to detect __attribute__

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

error: nested functions are disabled, use -fnested-functions to re-enable

Some platforms have nested functions disabled by default (including FreeBSD, IIRC).

1) why is there a problem with the mac os x port ?

There is no problem, it's just a configuration choice.

ok

2) is my test program good enough ? Is there a better way to check the
availability of __attribute__ ?

Move your test function outside of main() so it won't be nested.

i se it in a m4 macro. I'll check it if I can move it outside the main function.

thank you

Vincent Torri