Re: Re: relinking a program with shared library

>If this were possible on some platform, it would be a function of the
>linker system (binutils, for many gcc targets).  It's certainly not
>something gcc itself could do.
>On all systems I am familiar with, if you have the objects made by gcc,
>you can accomplish this by re-linking.

Hi Tim,
This is also my understanding, I sent this inquiry to this maillist s
ince I didn't know a better place to ask (sorry if that's a wrong place).

My platform is x86 machine, running linux with ELF executable.
I'm thinking about the way of doing a sort of conversion from
.so (PIC) to .a (static) lib and then (this part is more tricky) to
relink it against binary.
As I wrote previously I don't have access to source code or .o (object)
files (this is a sort of 3rd party software).

I believe that two separate actions are needed:
1. Conversion from .so to .a
2. decomposition of binary file back to .o files and
one again linkage(ld) process this time against static libs

Is it possible to do that?

Thanks,

--
Marcin