Re: gcc 4.3.2 compilation failure on aix 5.3

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 2:21 PM, Rohit <will.u.tellmemore@gmail.com> wrote:
> btw when i try to run the configure part of fmodl separately it does
> not seem to have any issue. correct contest file is created. There is
> also conftest.err with
>
> conftest.c:121: warning: conflicting types for built-in function 'fmodl'
>
> but i do not think this is any issue. I am not getting why it exits at
> this point.
> Can you copy paste your configure options here ? or any other options
> you used for compilation that matter ?

Actually, I do receive the fmodl warning, but it does not affect my build.

configure:36600: checking for fmodl declaration
configure:36637: $? = 0
configure:36641: test -z
                         || test ! -s conftest.err
configure:36644: $? = 0
configure:36647: test -s conftest.o
configure:36650: $? = 0
configure:36670: result: yes
configure:36678: checking for fmodl
conftest.c:169: warning: conflicting types for built-in function 'fmodl'
configure:36746: $? = 0
configure:36750: test -z
                         || test ! -s conftest.err
configure:36753: $? = 0
configure:36756: test -s conftest
configure:36759: $? = 0
configure:36771: result: yes
configure:36972: checking for frexpl declaration

config.log terminates where you show it?

Maybe your process is running out of memory for ksh.

Make sure that the process limits and system limits are large,
if not unlimited.

I configure with

$ .../src/configure --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc
$ make SHELL=/bin/bash CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/bash

David