Re: GCC suggestions needed

Niklaus wrote:
   1) How to tell gcc to stop after the first error. I use both gcc
4.2 and gcc 3.4. I tried -Wfatal-error and -Wfatal-error it says
unrecognized option.

You could do something like:

gcc <blah> | tee <output-file> | grep -El <regexpr that finds errors>

...which would return relatively quickly if an error is found, otherwise will run to completion. (Note: especially using tee, I'm not sure what will happen when grep exits, i.e. if tee and/or grep will die or not, so I would suggest testing, and invoking 'kill' if needed.)

   3) Can this submissions be collected for every 5 secs and then
compiled in parallel to produce parallel output. Invoking gcc for each
submission is going to be slow ?

Why not just make a system that fires off a submission in a separate process whenever one arrives? Assuming you have a way to collect a batch, I don't know why you couldn't submit them in parallel, but why wait?

--
Matthew
Sendmail administration is not black magic. There are legitimate technical reasons why it requires the sacrifice of a live chicken.