Re: GCC suggestions needed

Niklaus wrote:
Hi,

    I've an online judge system where i take the source code submitted
by an user and compile it to an executable and then run it against a
predetermined input to produce    an output which is checked against a
predetermined output. This determines the results as Correct, Wrong or
Compile error.

The languages are C,C++,java.

Please suggest solutions for the below problems

1) How to tell gcc to stop after the first error. I use both gcc
4.2 and gcc 3.4. I tried -Wfatal-error and -Wfatal-error it says
unrecognized option.

<snip>

I'm going to suggest for the good of all humanity, that the person who is judging a comp.sci challenge should probably be able to script up an automated testing harness such that you can do something like

for f in *.zip; do ./run_test.sh $f; done

At the high level (say submissions are zip files or whatever) and then your shell script unpacks, tries to compile, run, compares, etc.

Just saying...

Tom