-----Original Message-----
From: gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org] On
Behalf Of Vardhan, Sundara (GE Infra, Energy)
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 8:28 AM
To: GCC-help
Subject: GCC 4.3.2 in AIX 5.3

Hi All

Found that when compiling GCC-4.3.2 on AIX 5.3 using either xlc or an
existing gcc, it is required to set CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS to -U__MATH__.
This is required for the various math functions defined in AIX clashes
with those that are being defined in GCC. This is not just true for gcc,
I had to include this flag in my application compilation too when using
xlc to avoid math subroutine redefinition errros. Just wanted to share
this.

With Regards

Vardhan