Re: how to distribute binary tools

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 4:32 PM, Eric Fisher <joefoxreal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A silly question. Currently, gcc and binutils are built with shared
> libs. I want to know when I try to distribute the tool-chain, do I
> need include these .so libraries? If yes, then where should I put them
> in?

It should be on the same path with where it is now or you can put it
somewhere in the other path provided that you create a symlink in the
same/exact path of which path they are in when you built them

> Anyway, how can I build a fully static tool chain?

--disabled-shared/--enable-static.

-jason

--
"Regard your soldiers as your children,
  and they will follow you into the deepest valleys.

  - Sun Tzu, the art of war