Re: Building GCC 4.3.2 on powerpc-yellowdog-linux-gnu

Let's go back to the mailing list.

Andrew Haley wrote:
> Angel Tsankov wrote:
>> Andrew Haley wrote:

>>> It looks ok.

>>> [...]
>>
>> I get some of the #include problems (and all problems due to
>> undefiend macros) in stage 2.  However, I still have to add options
>> to BOOT_CFLAGS to get past stage 2.  The most recent error message
>> is:
>> gcc/varasm.c:841: error: 'HAVE_COMDAT_GROUP' undeclared (first use in
>> this function)
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> And, by the wat, what does it mean to debug the build?
>
> What you're doing, more or less.  Just fixing things as you go along.
>
> It's wrong to keep adding macros.  HAVE_COMDAT_GROUP should be
> defined in gcc/auto-host.h.  You need to find out either why it
> isn't or why that file is not being included.

Yes, it is in <build directory>/gcc/auto-host.h:
/* Define 0/1 if your assembler and linker support COMDAT groups. */
#ifndef USED_FOR_TARGET
#define HAVE_COMDAT_GROUP 0
#endif

So, I guess either this file is not included in gcc/varasm.c or the
USED_FOR_TARGET macro is defined.  Gonna check this now...

Angel