build gcc 3.4 with ada on an intel mac

I have successfully build 4.3.2 on my intel mac. I need a 3.4.x version that has g77, c, c++, & ada. After poking around on the web a bit, I found some instructions and a patch file to get 3.4.0 compiled on my machine. This works fine for everything but the ada. When compiling the ada, I get the message:

s-except.ads:47:15: package "System.Exceptions" does not allow a body
s-except.ads:47:15: remove incorrect body in file "s-except.adb"
make[2]: *** [ada/s-except.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [stage1_build] Error 2
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

Now, I am pretty new to ada, so I don't really know what this means. The file looks like how I would expect a spec file to look like. I am wondering if this is because I am using a 4.3.2 compiler to do this, and it has slightly different rules than the 3.x versions.

I tried searching for the error, but could find anything on this list, or with google. Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this, or a more appropriate place to ask?

Thanks,
Brett