Re: 64-bit gcc

On 8/22/08, Seyran Avanesyan <seyran.avanesyan@tanner.com> wrote:
> Thanks for reply.
>
> Yes, the target was Windows, and the separate fork is in active
> development, this is why I was looking for earlier versions.
> According to some posts gcc3.2.0 should do that. But it isn't, so I was
> wondering if instead of downloading binaries I might have to compile
> GCC/MinGW myself to get that working.

The mingw-w64 project that Brian linked you to can generate 32-bit as
well as 64-bit binaries.  You can cross compile from 5 different
systems, or you can compile natively.

The current version is stable enough to compile several
high-visibility projects, including wxwidgets, vlc, ffmpeg, and more.
If you need help with anything, post on the mailing list or forum for
that project.