Re: GNU C++ Inline Assembler

On Sun, 2008-08-10 at 04:11 -0700, Robin-Vossen wrote:

I'm not aware of any use of the inc instruction that takes two operands:

> __asm{
>             mov eax, [INTEGER]
>             inc eax, esp
>             mov [INTEGER], eax
>             mov [CHARACTER], ah
>          }
> return 0;
> }

so I don't completely understand your code.

Have you tried -masm=intel? I've only gone as far as seeing that it
generates intel-style asm from C/C++. I decided that it was better to
follow the "when in Rome..." rule.

The syntax issue seems arbitrary to me. I've used lots of assemblers.
They're all different.

For several years in the 1980s I had contracts with two companies that
used different chips. One assembler used source,destination and the
other destination,source. I would work with one in the morning, the
other in the afternoon. Just had to be careful.

Bob