[Fwd: questions about gcc PIC port]

Hallo,
I'm writing because I have written a small program targeted for the
Microchip PIC uC architecture and i haven't find any port of gcc for
PICs.
My questions are:
-Has someone started to work around this port?
-It is possible to port gcc for these chips?

I have contact gnu.org and asked them if I can try to start working for
this, and they told me to contact you before doing anything, can you
help me (I absolutely need gcc to compile my code)?

Thanks.
Ilia Platone.

--- Begin Message ---