Re: Assembler instructions not being created correctly for mutiplication in GCC

Hi and thanks for the quick response.

The exact commands I used are as follows.
First to get the *.o file:
/usr/local/sparc-elf/bin/gcc -c -g -o xy.o xy.c

An second, following the instructions on the CMPware site I'm trying to
follow to get the *.elf file:
/usr/local/sparc-elf/bin/ld -g -e 0x0000 -T Cmpware.lnk -o xy.elf xy.o

The *.o creates fine, but the error shows only when I use the second
command, and only for multiplication and division (addition and subtraction
seem to work fine).

It's quite possible that I did something wrong during the install and
configuration of GCC itself. The only area where I didn't follow
instructions was trying to get header files. I'm unsure of how to change
where GCC is looking for headers, so I made a copy of the original header
folder and moved it to where this installation was checking (along with some
custom headers that I'll be using once this is all up and running).

Thanks,
~Mike