CMT option with gcc

Hi All,

My application uses to 3.4.2 gcc for building its code base. As we are
looking to upgrade the compiler version. I would like to know is ther
some thing like CMT option in gcc which can support core multi
threaded optimization so that they run more effectively on multi core
systems.

If there is something like that can you plz suggest me at what stable
version of gcc can I find that flag. All the code in our application
deals majority of c++ code  and some java code. to build both
code-bases we use gcc only.

Thanks in advance,
-Vikas.