Re: SVN build fails

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 10:38 PM, Ed <icelus2k5@gmail.com> wrote:
> I pulled the SVN source tree tonight and my build dies in libgfortran
> (several hours in), with the last few lines of output as shown. This
> is debian/etch (Pentium M processor). The only dependencies I had to
> source specifically for the build were mpfr (2.3.1) and gmp (4.2.2).
> I'm not sure what other info is useful.
>
> ed@whisper:~/fun/gcc$ uname -a
> Linux whisper 2.6.18-3-686 #1 SMP Mon Dec 4 16:41:14 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> Build commands were just:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr

First try building gcc the recommended way, quote:

First, we highly recommend that GCC be built into a separate directory
than the sources which does not reside within the source tree. This is
how we generally build GCC; building where srcdir == objdir should
still work, but doesn't get extensive testing; building where objdir
is a subdirectory of srcdir is unsupported.

end quote (from fifth para. of http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html).

-Tom