Re: Unresolved symbol problem

On 5/15/08, Anthony Kent <tonykent@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> I have just tried the CPAN shell and unfortunately got exactly the same failure messages on the make test phase:
> I suspect that the gcc library is not being found/declared properly, but I'm not sure how to prove this.

Try setting an environment variable to the desired gcc:

export CC='<path-to-gcc>'

And make sure LD_LIBRARY_PATH has the path to your locally-installed libs.

Then remake the module's Makefile.PL and retry the build.

-Tom

P.S.  Are you locked into that old gcc version?

P.P.S.  As administrator, you sure have some ugly paths on that
host--that may be the source of some of the problems (later if not
now) if there are years of old cruft hangin around--especially the way
some Perl packages are cavalier about where modules are installed and
how Perl's @INC is configured.