Re: Providing alternative implementation for floating point related operations in GCC.

Sivan Greenberg wrote:
[snip long story about no FPU on MIPS and wanting to use software
instead of the kernel handling things via SIGILL.

Uh... it sounds like what you really want is to build with -msoft-float?

...from The Fine Manpage:
       -msoft-float
           Do not use floating-point coprocessor instructions.
           Implement floating-point calculations using library calls
           instead.

--
Matthew
First time I've gotten a programming job that required a drug test. I was worried they were going to say 'you don't have enough LSD in your system to do Unix programming'. -- Paul Tomblin (from cluefire.net)