Can data embed in the instruction stream ?

Hi:
I am wondered whether a binary, especially the one produced by a compiler, can have *data* embedded in its instruction stream.

I believe there can be but is there a real example ?

jump table may not be the correct example, as every time the compiler generates a jump table in assembly file, it will put a .rodata directive before generating the data in jump table. So it actually residents in rodata section, not text.

I want to have a full description of the example, or even better, a binary file illustrating the example.

Thanks !