Re: gcc crashes on squid

Florian wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I'm using gcc on Trustix-Linux-Platform. I have two versions of gcc (3.4
> and 4.1) and both crash in the same way, when compiling sources of
> squid-cache (http://www.squid-cache.org).
> Both versions of gcc worked well with every software, but they crash
> both with this particular squid-sources.
>
> What can i do? Please give me a hint.

Try following the instructions in the error message.
.
.
.
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <URL:http://bugs.trustix.org/> for instructions

It would seem that trustix.org has made some modifications to your GCC,
so they may be able to help you.

Alternately, you could build gcc-4.2 or gcc-4.3 from the official FSF
release and try to reproduce the bug.  If you can reproduce it from FSF
sources, you would then follow the instructions in the error message
which would say to file a bug report according to the instructions that
can be found here: http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html

David Daney