Re: Compiling PE executables using linux hosted gcc

Jay wrote:
Hi! I'm developing a cross-platform framework and now it's time to port
it to Win32. I found that i can compile an executable for a certain
platform specifying -b command-line option however what i found further
just confused me so i'm here asking you this dumb question: how to
compile a pe executable using a linux hosted gcc? I run ubuntu 7.10 and
gcc 4.2.1. Many thanks in advance.

Ubuntu should be Debian, Debian provides a prebuilt MinGW-targeted crosstoolchain, so your problem should be how to install those Debian
packages for MinGW target... For instance :

ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/linux/mirrors/debian/pool/main/m/mingw32
ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/linux/mirrors/debian/pool/main/m/mingw32-binutils
ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/linux/mirrors/debian/pool/main/m/mingw32-runtime