C++ compiler not installed

Hi All,

I tried to install gcc and it was successful.
But when i tried to compile the following CPP program, I am getting the error
g++ -Wno-deprecated -I/usr/include host/frdaemon/daemon.cpp -o svfrd -lcurl

g++: host/fr_log/logger.cpp: C++ compiler not installed on this system
..
..

I am having the following versions of gcc and g++ installed on the system.
bash-2.05# g++ --version
g++ (GCC) 4.0.3

bash-2.05# gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.0.3

The Operating system is solaris9 (ultra_Sparc)

Thanks and Regards,
Vivek