Re: gcc 3.2

Hi Manuel,

> I was surprised to find an ad for non-free software in GNU's gcc-help
> mailing list. I honestly feel offended by your shameless promotion of
> non-free software in this list.

I presume by "non-free" you mean "not open source", since I believe the two
compilers I mentioned are free (as in "cost no money").

In order to build GCC, you need to have a compiler.  One way to build GCC is
to use one of those other compilers to build GCC, which was the context of
the message to use one of those other compilers as the bootstrap compiler
GCC.

I am sorry you are offended by references to non-open source products in
this forum as a means to bootstrap compile GCC.  No slight was intended
towards open-source software developers.

Sincerely,
--Eljay