Re: gcc binary comptibility

Alexey Skidanov wrote:

We use in our project some third party libraries compiled with gcc343
(RH9). After we moved to CentOS with gcc411, we compiled our project
files with the gcc411 and linked with third party libraries. In some
cases our executable has abnormally terminated. Only when some of the
libraries were compiled with gcc411, the abnormal termination was
disappeared.

Assuming that both compilers are binary compatible, It is possible to
link two modules compiled in different compiler version (gcc343,
gcc411). But in practice, it is not the case.

You'll have trouble with C++, whereas C should probably be okay. Which was it?

Andrew.