g77 compiler

Hi,
  I am trying to use the g77 program to compile multiple .f files with one
main file, i.e.:

g77 -o Makefile beta.f set_up.f final.f

I would like to know how to output the error messages that appear on the
screen to a text file.  I tried what was suggested with -e errfile but
this did not work.  I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Usha