Re: FW: Mixing C/C++ code

Robert Wong wrote:
> I'm a CS student working on a project that mixes C/C++ compiling
> both with g++. If you have the time I was hoping you could help.
> I've described the problem with some depth here:
> http://forums.devshed.com/c-programming-42/calling-c-function-from-c-492886.
> html

Robert,

I wonder if the problem is related to the C/C++ mixing at all. Instead, you may have a memory access bug causing the crash, such as using an invalid pointer or overwriting some portion of your program stack.

Since you mentioned that you are using Linux, you might want to look at testing your program with Valgrind, a memory debugging tool available for Linux:

http://valgrind.org/

Valgrind can be used to detect several types of memory access errors.

Good luck!

--
Tony Wetmore