From: Tom St Denis [mailto:tstdenis@ellipticsemi.com]
Sent: den 29 november 2007 19:23
To: Mikael Vidstedt
Cc: 'J.C. Pizarro'; gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Missing warning about uninitialized variable.

Mikael Vidstedt wrote:
> Just a quick question: Did anybody actually read the subject? My question
> was not about the value of the variable, it was about recent GCC versions
no
> longer warn about the use of an uninitialized variable...?

You have to turn on the optimizer to see that.  As I understand it, it's
only when the optimizer walks down the tree that it picks up the
uninitialized bit.

-bash-3.00$ gcc -O -Wall -c warn.c
warn.c: In function `main':
warn.c:4: warning: 'g' might be used uninitialized in this function
-bash-3.00$ cat warn.c
#include <stdio.h>
int main(int argc, char **argv)
{