Re: reduce compilation times?

On 2007/11/28, Duft Markus <Markus.Duft@salomon.at> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I assume, that all strategies discussed here are targeted at C. now what
> about C++, how do things behave there? As far as i know C++ is much
> different, and requires completely different thinking with regards to
> splitting source in more files, etc.
>
> Cheers, Markus

Your comment is good.

Splitting C files is different to splitting C++ files or splitting Java files,
Fortran, Ada, ObjC, ....

As GCC is made in C-only then we only need to split C files to reduce the
recompilation time if we want.

For other projects made in C++, Java, Fortran, Ada, ObjC, ...., they are
hard to split their files.

It would be a good idea to have a future implementation of GCC that says:
"you don't need to split your source files because
 GCC recognizes automaticly parts of the unmodified & modified files".

But this future implementation for the programmer that haven't to split
source files is hard too!.

   J.C.Pizarro