Re: reduce compilation times?

mahmoodn writes:

 > I mean (I think):
 > "Allow N jobs at once"   !=    "reduce compile time"

Like I said, this works for me, and for many others too.

 > I did this to see the effect of "make -j":
 >
 > ]# rm *.o
 > ]# make
 > ....( 10 minute )
 >
 > then I edit one of my files (only one statement), and then:
 > ]# make -j
 > ...( still 10 minute )

Perhaps you should have explained your problem better.  There's
nothing we can do to make a single compilation of a single file go
faster.  However, that's not the usual problem.

I wonder why your compilation is taking so long.  It might be a bug in
gcc.  Perhaps we could look at a test case.

Andrew.

--
Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, UK
Registered in England and Wales No. 3798903