This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Installation Problem
- From: Tim Prince <tprince at computer dot org>
- To: Joseph Maxwell <jaymax at jaymax dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 18:29:56 -0800
- Subject: Re: Installation Problem
- References: <474B2436.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Joseph Maxwell wrote:
> I am attempting to install gcc-4.2.2 on an SGI Octane running IRIX 6.5.26
> I untar'd the gcc-4.2.2.tar file in the target directory /usr/local/gcc4x
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
> cannot create executables.
> Could you advise?
Someone will have to look at config.log and try to figure out how to
make your previous gcc work. Why not you?
> BTW: I would like to use the Fortran f77 or f95 compiler when installed,
> are there any special nuances to observe?
gcc-4.2 includes gfortran; should do the job for you.