Re: -L and shared libraries

John (Eljay) Love-Jensen wrote:
And on the platforms it is appropriate, the -rpath machanism already exists and has been used for many years.

HTH,
--Eljay
Dear Eljay, list,
Thank you for this answer. It both confirms my "findings" and shows me how small a picture I had, as usual. I will now be more aware and start using -Wl,-rpath more frequently for software that is build at my machine and that runs on my machine only.
All the best,
Thomas