g++ default options/flags

After searching pretty extensively the web and nabble I could not find the
answer to what I think ought to be a simple question: is there a way to
change the default options/flags so that every time g++ is invoked
additional, default flags are added to those flags passed with the command?
In my particular example I need to have the -ffriend-injection flag passed
every time I call g++ and I don't want to have to add it to all my
makefiles. I am fairly new to linux and I tried making an alias (alias
g++='g++ -ffriend-injection') but this did not work when g++ is called from
make, which I guess makes sense since it is not executed as a command to
bash. Any help with this would be appreciated.