Re: x32_64 cross compiler

NightStrike writes:
 > On Nov 12, 2007 8:11 AM, Andrew Haley <aph-gcc@littlepinkcloud.com> wrote:
 > > NightStrike writes:
 > >  >
 > >  > There's a program called "crosstool" that automates the
 > >  > process, though I've found it easier to just do it myself
 > >  > assuming you have all the tools in place that you need.  Check
 > >  > here:
 > >  > http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/current/doc/crosstool-howto.html
 > >  >
 > >  > If you get stuck, I could probably build you a toolchain real fast and
 > >  > send you a log of what I did so that you can see each command and how
 > >  > it works.
 > >
 > > This is an excruciatingly hard way to build a Linux-Linux cross
 > > compiler.  The easy way is to copy libraries from a 64-bit Linux
 > > system to a 32-bit system and then to build the compiler with
 > >
 > >     --enable-targets=all
 >
 > Right... because everyone with a 32-bit linux system has a running
 > 64-bit system available from which to copy system

wget http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/x86_64/os/Fedora/RPMS/glibc-2.5-3.x86_64.rpm

rpm2cpio ./glibc-2.5-18.fc6.x86_64.rpm | cpio -idv

Repeat for glibc-devel, etc.

What's more, this will work for all target libraries needed, not just
glibc.

 > The guy is building a cross compiler, not a native compiler.

And you believe that building system libraries from scratch is going
to be easier?

Andrew.