This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Cannot catch exceptions thrown in a shared library under MS windows
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Rüdiger Ranft <_rdi_ at web dot de>
- Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 12:13:16 -0800
- Subject: Re: Cannot catch exceptions thrown in a shared library under MS windows
- References: <473444E6.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4734BB6C.148C064F@dessent.net>
- Reply-to: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
Brian Dessent wrote:
> You can't throw/catch across DLLs with static libgcc. Stock FS gcc
> > In the wiki I found that this problem is a result of different
> > visibility models in gcc3 vs. gcc4, so I tried different compiler
> > switches (-fvisibility=default), but did not get any running configuration.
> That may also apply but it's not the reason why this does not work.
> Static libgcc is the reason.
Actually, that probably does not apply at all because symbol visibility
is an ELF-only feature.