This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: is it a bug?
- From: "Rupert Wood" <me at rupey dot net>
- To: "'Patrick Lacasse'" <patrick dot lacasse at genome dot ulaval dot ca>
- Cc: <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 15:41:17 -0000
- Subject: RE: is it a bug?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Patrick Lacasse wrote:
> Here is a sample code implementation of what I consider as being a
> bug in g++. Both g++ 4.1.1 and 4.2.2 have the same behaviour about
If you want to raise a bug about this you'll need to cite the parts of the C++ standard that prove what you're trying to do is legal. As another couple of data points g++ 4.3 and Comeau C++ reject this too.
IMO a better fix would be to specify the template argument on the function call, i.e.
function<double>( A<double>(), 3 );
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email