is stack-check not implemented for some gcc?

I want to have a stack overflow check on my program running on MIPS.
I use the `-fstack-check' option to recompile all the source code.
But when I check the objdump file, there doesn't seem that any code relating to
stack check is generated by gcc. I try again with a i386-redhat-linux gcc on my
PC, and there is still no stack-check code generated.

so, I wonder, is stack-check not implemented for mipsel-linux-gcc and
i386-redhat-linux-gcc?