Re: Gcc-2.95

StephanThiel wrote:

> I have a lot of source code which I can only compile with max. 2.95 of
> gcc/g++-compiler
> Suite. Is there a compiler switch to let gcc-4.2 act as 2.95 because
> after a clean install

There's no such switch.

However there should be an older gcc package that you can install from
your distro, or from a third party.  For example if you're using debian
or ubuntu you should be able to simply "apt-get install gcc-2.95" and be
done with it.  I don't know about other distros but there should be
similar packages if you search.

> Of my operating system with gcc-4.2 I am not able to compile gcc-2.95
> anymore. I am also not able
> To change the sources because they are partially obfuscated, i have no
> idea how and it's to much ...

If you want to build gcc 2.95 yourself from source then you will have to
use at least one intermediate version, probably of the 3.4.x vintage.
You may have to do this more than once, I don't know (e.g. build 3.4
with 4.2, build 3.3 with 3.4, build 2.95 with 3.3.)  But again don't
duplicate the work that your distro has already done, as debian for
example has nice convenient packages for gcc-3.4 and gcc-3.3 that you
can simply install.  (But if you're using debian you can just install
the gcc-2.95 package and skip all this so maybe that's not relevant.)

Brian