Re: C++ porting : No such file or directory

Hi Kai Ruottu,
Thanks for your suggestion.As you have suggested i have followed the order for building.But Amongst the 3 steps I have completed the first 2 steps. now i want to build libraries like libstdc++ .I have gone through the libstdc++-v3 porting document from url "gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/porting".From that I think, I have to add atomicity.h file for our target(proprietary processor).but i want to know in detail about atomicity.h file so can you please suggest me any document which will help me to porting libstdc++.

some specific information :
host : X86 with fedora core6 operating system
target: proprietary processor without any os

configuration options used for building c++ compiler :

$SRC/gcc-3.3/configure --prefix=$RELDIR --target=$TARGET --enable-languages=c++ --with-newlib --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --enable-sjlj-exceptions --with-dwarf2
make all-gcc
make install-gcc

configuration options used for building newlib:

$SRC/newlib-1.11.0/configure --prefix=$RELDIR --target=$TARGET --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
make all install

I am quiet new to building gnu tools.I am in a stage of learning basics of building and using gnu tools. if I give any contradictory options please excuse me and suggest the correct procedure.

--P.V.Siva Prasad

Kai Ruottu wrote:
Kai Ruottu wrote:
- Didn't you yet have any prebuilt/tested C library when you had a "working" C compiler earlier, or
what was the reason to NOT use the obvious target headers? The "copied the newlib headers"...
If you didn't, wouldn't it be much, much wiser to get the GCC + C library (newlib ported to your target)
done BEFORE even thinking getting GCC+C library+C++ library to work?

The build/test order:

1. GCC with the C++ compiler      ('make all-gcc ; make install-gcc')
2. C library, newlib
3. extra libraries like libiberty and libstdc++