gcc option -E

Hello everyone,

I am learning some other's code -- build files. Here are two samples which I am confused.

gcc -E -o ListDef -dM -P YourSrcCode.c

gcc -E -o ListDef -dD -P YourSrcCode.c

I have tried that in ListDef file (new generated after either of the two commands) and it contains several hundred lines of #define, typedef and some other definitions. Could anyone help to answer what is the function of the two commands? Differences between -dM and -dD?

thanks in advance,
George

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC