Re: C++ porting : No such file or directory

"Sivaprasad.pv" wrote:

> I think it is problem with not including header files from
> /usr/include.I have included  /usr/include directory  in
> Makefile(generated after configuring gcc) then building proceed
> further.I think it is not a right way of building gcc. How can i
> configure gcc-3.3 such a way that ,By default compiler locate the
> required header file.please help me inorder to resolve this issue.

No, that's not the right way.

If you're specifying --target then you're presumably building a cross
compiler, in which case using the host's headers in /usr/include is
wrong and broken.  The whole point of a cross compiler is that it's a
different target than what the host is running, so using the host's
headers can't possibly be correct.

You seem to have some confusion as to this whole target header business
because you have both --with-newlib and --without-headers but you're
trying to build libstdc++, which makes no sense.  --with-newlib
indicates that you are using newlib for your target's libc, in which
case you should have a copy of the newlib headers in
$tooldir/sys-include (where tooldir is normally $prefix/$target).  Or
alternatively, you can provide them in a sysroot with --with-sysroot.
Or you can do a combined-tree build which integrates the newlib source
into the gcc tree.  But you're using --without-headers which makes no
sense because it's impossible to build libstdc++ without headers from
the target libc.

Brian