Re: ABI voilation

kanishk rastogi wrote:
I wanted to know if when i specify -O[0-3] flag to gcc does gcc
optimize the code even violating ABI for that specific arch.
If yes can i specify gcc not to violate the ABI ....
I am mostly concerned witht he ABI specification which tells how to
call another function..

No.

It's not an optimization when you start breaking the rules, the results are not equivalent.

Also how would GCC know at compile time when its compiling a unit if this function would receive a performance benefit from violating the ABI with regards to linkage ?

Darryl