Re: __sync_lock_test_and_set on ARM

Andrew Haley wrote:
Phil Endecott writes:
> Andrew Haley wrote:
> > David Daney writes:
> > > There is nothing that says that __sync_compar_and_swap() cannot expand > > > to a libcall.
> >
> > Err, if a port doen't have an implementation, that's what gcc does
> > anyway. :-)
> > That's what the docs say, but actually if you try to use __sync_* on > ARM you'll get a linker error. A library implementation would need to > be OS-specific.

Well, yes.  What else would you expect?  I don't understand your
point.

OK, there's a (subtle) difference between "expands to a library call" and "expands to a library call which is actually implemented in libgcc".

"My point", now about a thousand messages ago (:-!), is that I'd quite like for __sync_lock_test_and_set to expand to a SWP instruction please; and that's all.

Phil.