RE: Help building GCC

I checked the dates of all the configure.ac & configure.   Here they
are:

./fixincludes/configure.ac  Jul 16 2005
./gcc/configure.ac  Feb 14 2006
./intl/configure.ac   Sep 22 2004
./libcpp/configure.ac   Oct 8 2005
./libiberty/configure.ac   July 21 2005
./libmudflap/configure.ac  Oct 4 2005
./libssp/configure.ac     Feb 27  2006

./configure    Sep 13 09:35

What should I do based on that ?
Is there a way/flag to prevent the regeneration of configure ?

Thanks

Maldonado-Salgado, Jose (Space Technology) writes:

 > I'm using cygwin to try to build a cross compiler for powerpc 603.
 >
 > In this case I untar the gcc 4.1.1 in:
 >
 > /cygdrive/c/josesdata/gnu/gcc-4.1.1
 >
 > I followed steps in your configuration link by creating a directory
> objdirppc inside the gnu directory, same level as gcc-4.1.1.
 >
 > /cygdrive/c/josesdata/gnu/objdirppc
 >
 > I copy to that directory the Makefile.in file and from that directory
I  > did the following step:

 > /cygdrive/c/josesdata/gnu/gcc-4.1.1/configure --target=powerpc  >
--program-suffix=ppc --enable-threads=vxworks --with-cpu=603  >
--with-arch=603  >  > That step completed, and then I did a make.

 > make is giving the following error:
 >
 > cd . && autoconf
 > autoconf-2.61: no input file
 > make: *** [configure] Error 1
 >

 > Any ideas, what my problem is?

It's to do with timestamps.  If the file configure.ac has been changed,
gcc tries to regenerate the file configure.  Have a look at the
timestamps on configure.ac and configure.

Andrew.